Closets becoming a bit full? Garage becoming more difficult to navigate?
While a stained or torn blanket might not pass the inspection of a resale shop, there are still homes to be found for used goods. Anyone with items to donate may contact the organizations below.
Also, organizations that accept donations that aren’t resale quality may contact the Times-Herald and Downriver Sunday Times newspapers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Destinations for gently used items
• Blankets, sheets, towels and animal supplies, such as cleaned litter pans, dog or cat feeding bowls, pet toys: Downriver Central Animal Control, 14300 Reaume Pkwy, Southgate. (Overstock shared with Wyandotte.)
• Yoga mats and other yoga equipment: Leah French, a yoga teacher in training in Taylor. Contact via email at email@example.com.
• Blankets, sheets and dog toys and supplies: Donna King, who currently has five rescued dogs in her care. Located in Carelton. Contact via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Coats, socks, children’s clothing, books for children and tweens, empty egg cartons (foam or plastic), and a fax machine: Fish & Loaves Community Food Pantry, 25670 Northline Road, Taylor.
• Wood framed windows (chipped and unpainted are welcomed, rotten panes are not): Jennifer Farrell in Taylor can be contacted via email at Jenniferfarrell13@outlook.com.