Registration deadline is June 17
DEARBORN — Friends for Animals of Metro Detroit invites the public to join it for a fun rally June 22 at the site of its new home at 16121 Michigan Ave., the former Amtrak station.
Admission is free. The event is from 6 to 8 p.m.
“The ‘I Believe’ Community Rally is an action-packed night for all animal lovers who truly believe that together we can build our new Animal Adoption & Education Center,” said Elaine Greene, executive director, Friends for Animals of Metro Detroit.
After 22 years of nurturing more than 47,300 animals, the Friends for Animals of Metro Detroit has embarked on the “Raise the Woof” public phase of its “Building a Home with Heart” capital campaign to construct a new Animal Adoption & Education Center. The project requires $5.7 million to complete, with $3.7 million raised so far.
“We’re looking to our friends in the community to help take us across the finish line this summer so we can get the building started,” Greene said.
The event, which is sponsored in part by Greektown Casino-Hotel, includes dinner from Shimmy Shack and Smokey Rhodes BBQ food trucks, along with beer from Royal Oak Brewery and wine from Chateau La Paws.
Rally highlights will include:
• “Sit. Stay. Learn.” about our summer-long “I Believe” Thursday campaign days.
• Fetch and display an “I Believe” lawn sign.
• Unleash “Kid Power”; our community kids care.
• Share creative community fundraising ideas (for example, drive-in movie for dogs).
• Visit with rescued animals.
• Games and crafts for children.
• Get a big sloppy thank you at the dog kissing booth
Nearly 160 people already have signed up to attend.
To register, go to www.metrodetroitanimals.org/believe-community-rally/#rsvp by June 17.