DEARBORN – They’ve been a tradition for more than 60 years — Clean Up Parades around schools in Dearborn. And they’re starting again on May 10.
The parades have evolved over the years, and their message has expanded beyond encouraging residents to clean up litter, cut their lawns, and paint their houses. The school children now include environmental sustainability messages in each theme and activity.
Sponsored by the City Beautiful Commission, and supported by the Dearborn Public Schools and parochial and charter schools, the 2016 parades will be held on:
• 1:30 p.m. May 10, William Ford, 14749 Alber.
• 9:30 a.m. May 20, The Dearborn Academy, 19310 Ford Road.
• 1:30 p.m. May 23, Sacred Heart Catholic School, 22513 Garrison.
• 9:30 a.m. May 25, Maples Elementary, 6801 Mead.
• 1:30 p.m. May 25, Riverside Academy East, 7124 Miller.
• 9:30 a.m. May 26, Snow Elementary, 2000 Culver.
The City Beautiful Commission also inspires schools to engage in environmentally friendly educational programs for students as an alternate to hosting a parade. Henry Ford Elementary will do so inside the school May 26.