DEARBORN — The Dearborn Community Arts Council and the mayor will present the 28th Annual Mayor’s Arts Awards ceremony at 7 p.m. Feb. 10 in Studio A at the Ford Community & Performing Arts Center.
Admission is free and the public is welcome to celebrate with the honorees.
The Mayor’s Arts Awards Selection Committee announced the following individuals and organizations being honored for their work in the arts in 2015:
• Arts Patron Award — Kenwal Steel.
• Arts Educator Award — Jay Korinek, celebrating 30 years with WHFR-FM.
• Volunteer Award — Margaret Schaefer.
• Artist / Performer Award — Joseph Deller.
• Arts Organization Award — Arab American National Museum, celebrating 10 years.
• Mayor’s Award — Dearborn Youth Symphony, celebrating 40 years.
• DCAC Bravo Award — Martin Zbosnik, celebrating 10 years at the Ford Center.
These people and organizations will be honored at the awards ceremony, recognizing their achievements and contributions for 2015. The DCAC will spotlight these individuals and groups who have enriched the community with their talent, as well as their dedication and support of the arts.
The evening’s festivities will be hosted by Carolyn Blackmore of The American Association of University Women Dearborn and the Dearborn Recreation and Parks, and will include performances from honoree violinist Joseph Deller, and the Fordson High School Choral Ensemble: Jamileh under Director Matt Laura accompanied by founder and director of the National Arab Orchestra, Michael Ibrahim on the oud.
The ceremony will be followed by an afterglow reception across the lobby in the Padzieski Gallery.