AP firefighter injured in Monday blaze

Sunday Times Newspapers

ALLEN PARK — A firefighter was treated for carbon monoxide poison Monday night after flames filled a tri-level house in the 4600 block of Parkside Boulevard.

The firefighter was treated at an area hospital and released Tuesday. Fire Chief Douglas LaFond said the officer will return to work Friday.

The residents left the house about an hour before the fire started in the attic. Neighbors called 911 about the blaze.

Two of the residents’ animals were found scared, yet unharmed, in the basement. Two dogs got out and were missing, but were found this afternoon.

    (Tereasa Nims can be reached at dstreporter@gmail.com.)