By JAMES MITCHELL
Sunday Times Newspapers
SOUTHGATE – Hearings for a Southgate man charged with the murder of a woman and her 10-year-old son were rescheduled last week due to a calendar conflict in the prosecutor’s office.
Antoine Terrail Beck, 33, is accused of having killed Courtney Marie Durr, 28, and her son, Sumarii Keon Das, in June. According to police reports, Beck had been living in Durr’s La Collonade apartment in the 14500 block of North Line Road. Durr’s throat was slashed and the child was strangled.
Assistant Wayne County Prosecutor Maria Miller said the prosecutor handling the case was engaged in a trial last week, and a scheduled preliminary examination of the evidence against Beck before 28th District Court Judge James Kandrevas will be held Nov. 13.
Police said the mother and child likely were killed a day or two before relatives found them on June 7. Beck allegedly stole cash and the woman’s vehicle – for which he also faces felony charges – and was located within a day in Dearborn.
Beck previously served 10 years in prison for unarmed robbery and is also being charged as a habitual offender. He remained in custody without bond.
(James Mitchell can be reached at email@example.com.)