Domestic assault suspect arraigned

By BOB OLIVER
Times-Herald Newspapers

DEARBORN — A 38-year-old Dearborn man awaits a preliminary examination of the evidence against him for charges stemming from an alleged domestic assault last year.

Ferdinand Lansang was arraigned June 12 before 19th District Court Judge Mark Somers on charges of assault with intent to murder, assault by strangulation, two counts of assault with a dangerous weapon and aggravated domestic violence for an alleged domestic attack of his girlfriend.

Lansang is being held on a $75,000 cash bond and a preliminary exam is scheduled for 9 a.m. Friday before 19th District Court Judge William Hultgren. A preliminary examination was scheduled for June 21 before Hultgren but the defense requested an additional week to prepare their case.

The Dearborn Police Department announced that a team of Dearborn special officers and U.S. Marshal’s Fugitive Apprehension Team members arrested Lansang on June 12.

The charges came after an investigation on the incident led by police Detective Marek Noworyta.

Police Chief Ronald Haddad said in a statement that he was pleased with the swiftness of the suspect’s arrest.

“I commend Corporal Noworyta for his quality investigation that resulted in multiple criminal charges and the swift arrest of a dangerous individual,” Haddad said. “Our partnership with the U.S. Marshal’s Fugitive Apprehension Team continues to facilitate the quick apprehension of elusive suspects.”

(Bob Oliver can be reached at boliver@bewickpublications.com.)

Tags: