Fire thought to be arson

By ANDREA POTEET
Sunday Times Newspapers

ALLEN PARK – Fire and police officials are investigating a fire at a house in the 15100 block of Cicotte Avenue that appears to be arson.

Firefighters were called to the house about 8 a.m. March 24 to the fire and left about 3 p.m. Fire Chief Douglas LaFond said.

He said the fire quickly appeared to be intentionally set, as it originated from multiple locations on the second floor.

No one was home at the time and the fire did not damage nearby houses, but LaFond said they are asking anyone who knows anything about the fire or was in the area at the time to contact his office at 313-928-2295.

“As it stands right now, we’re looking for anyone around that house,” he said.

LaFond said the house was not a total loss and can likely be repaired.

Further details cannot be released as the investigation is pending, LaFond said.

A previous fire, about 10:30 p.m. March 21 in the 7200 block of Larme also began on the second floor, but appeared to be electrical in nature and does not appear to be arson, LaFond said.

Melvindale Fire Department assisted with both fires.

Tags: