Bomb scare causes lockdown at high school

By ANDREA POTEET
Sunday Times Newspapers

RIVERVIEW — A bomb threat resulted in a lockdown Tuesday morning at Riverview Community High School.

No bombs were found after an investigation that began when two students found evidence of a bomb threat about 8 a.m. that day and reported it to the principal’s office, Deputy Police Chief Clifford Rosebohm said. He declined to give details about what that evidence was.

The principal called the Riverview Police Department, which called several other agencies.

Michigan State Police, the U.S. Bureau of Alchohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration investigated the threat with bomb-sniffing dogs after a lockdown drill was initiated and the building had been cleared of occupants, Rosebohm said.

“We worked closely with the school district to make sure all students were safeguarded and protected,” Rosebohm said.

Students were allowed to re-enter the school early that afternoon, Rosebohm said.

The threat still is under investigation; police have no suspects at this time.

“We’re looking at a number of things right now,” Rosebohm said.

Tags: