Police Blotter

Man beaten, robbed leaving in-laws

  A 46-year-old man was beaten and robbed at gunpoint about 10 p.m. Dec. 6 as he was leaving his in-laws’ house in the 6300 block of Barrie.

    The man told police he was in the alley behind the house starting his 1997 Dodge Ram van when an unknown assailant put a revolver to his head and pulled him out of the driver’s seat.

    He said the assailant then pushed him to the ground and kicked him in the face, leaving him with a bloody nose and a cut under his left eye. After he kicked the man, the assailant held him down while another unknown individual took between $400 and $500 from the victim’s pocket. The men then grabbed the victim’s car keys and fled on foot east on Paul.

    The man described his attackers as black men in their late teens or early 20s, between 6 feet and 6 feet 3 inches tall, one with a thin build, the other with a medium or heavy build. At the time of the robbery, the thinner of the two was wearing a black jacket, black pants and a black knit cap, while the other was wearing a gray long-sleeve shirt or jacket with black pants.

Pair pulls knifepoint restaurant robbery
A Dec. 7  armed robbery at KFC, 25093 Michigan, netted the two culprits roughly $3,250.

    Store employees told police they were locking up for the night at about 10 p.m. when two black men approached them with kitchen knives. Each man grabbed an employee, both of whom were women, and demanded money.

    After one of the employees retrieved the money from the restaurant safe, the men fled out the rear door.

    Police described one suspect as 6 feet tall weighing 190 pounds. He was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, a ski mask, and gloves.

    The other suspect is described as 5 feet 8 inches tall weighing 170 pounds. He was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt bearing the word “Fox,” jeans and a ski mask during the robbery,

Dearborn Heights
Foreclosure victim finds house boarded, things stolen

  A man whose house in the 25200 block of Lehigh was in foreclosure said that two leather jackets, two computers, and a printer were stolen before he was legally obligated to vacate the premises Dec. 4.

    The man said that on Nov. 29, the foreclosing bank sent a work crew to board up the house and change the locks, even though it was five days before he officially had to leave. The man received clearance from the 20th District Court to enter the house by force if necessary the following day.

    He got into the house through a pet entry door Dec. 1, discovered the missing items and made the police report. Attorneys handling the foreclosure for the bank told police that no work crews should have been at the house.

Burglar makes market his mark
  A total of $200 cash and $3,000 in cigarettes were taken between 7 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Dec. 7 from Richter’s Market, 4633 Telegraph.

    Police believe the burglar used a blunt object to break the glass on the front door to gain entry.

    A city employee told police he drove by the store earlier in the morning and didn’t notice any damage to the door. He did say that he noticed a group of teenage boys standing around outside, but that he believed they probably were waiting for a bus.