Airport terminal namesakes honored

Photo by Michael Bewick

Photo by Michael Bewick


The Wayne County Airport Authority honored the namesakes of the three former passenger terminals at Metropolitan Airport Nov. 24 by unveiling a plaque dedicated to them in the new North Terminal. The International Terminal was dedicated to Dearborn’s Sir Michael Berry (left, with his wife, Cindy), former Wayne County Road Commission chairman, in 1974. The Davey Terminal was named for the late James M. Davey, Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport manager, in 1966, and the Smith Terminal was named for the late Leroy C. Smith, Wayne County Road Commission manager and engineer, in 1958.

Tags: